TINE Forums
 SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
start blogging your Cornwall now...
Welcome to TINE Cornwall. Discussing the future of Cornwall. Forum Index - View unanswered posts
SOUTH CROFTY MINE OPENS FOR QUESTIONS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussing the future of Cornwall. Forum Index -> South Crofty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

Network this topic
Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: SOUTH CROFTY MINE OPENS FOR QUESTIONS Reply with quote

Quote:
As the day of full-scale tin production draws nearer at South Crofty mine, owners Western United Mines Ltd are inviting the public to attend an Information Day on Saturday 2 August from 10am to 1pm.

Since the announcement last November of the launch of Western United Mines and a multi million pound investment programme, a great deal of mine tunnelling and exploration work has taken place to prepare for commercial tin extraction. Staffing numbers have increased, significant new equipment has been purchased and a 24 hours a day, three shift system put in place.

The Information Day will provide an opportunity for members of the public to discuss progress and future plans - not just those relating to mining activity but also those concerned with the proposed surface development and the impact both will have on the economy of Cornwall, particularly Camborne, Pool and Redruth.

Unlike previous years when the mine has hosted a well-attended Open Day which offered a variety of attractions and extremely popular mine tours, the event this year will be limited to providing information. Intensive work underground prevents anything else.

Managers will be available in a specially erected marquee on the site from 10am to 1pm to answer any questions and explain what is happening in detail. There will also be displays of recent images and a DVD taken underground to give people a visual taste of progress as well as access to plans.

Article from C24

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: