TINE Forums
 SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
start blogging your Cornwall now...
Welcome to TINE Cornwall. Discussing the future of Cornwall. Forum Index - View unanswered posts
Rally and protest march against mass build in Cornwall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussing the future of Cornwall. Forum Index -> Housing crisis.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaz

Network this topic
Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Rally and protest march against mass build in Cornwall Reply with quote

Photos and Info

Watch video here
Abieuan

Network this topic
Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the Conservative speaker was using this platform to promote his Westminster party politics rather than the crucial housing issue.
He was more concerned with saying things like "I think people are getting tired of being told what to do, they have had twelve years of being told what to do."

I hadn't noticed being told what to do more in the last twelve years than i had before - in fact, could it be the other way round?
Scottish Republican

Network this topic
Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the Thatcherites loved to tell us all what to do. Particularly if you were a miner or steel worker, and they had truncheons.

Ever remember that notorious film where the police had charged against striking miners, and the film was reversed to make it look as if the miners were running towards the police?
Abieuan

Network this topic
Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh, the Thatcherites loved to tell us all what to do. Particularly if you were a miner or steel worker, and they had truncheons.

Or if you were unemployed as i was for many years, like 25% of my town were.
To claim benefit you had to agree to move to any part of the UK for a job, which many did, breaking up families and leaving their now elderly relatives to be cared for at the local tax payer's expense.
I did not agree and said i would work in any part of Scotland, Wales, or Cornwall. Eventually they said that was ok, but i was never offered any job anywhere.

Anyway, the MK reps spoke well and sincerely, but i cannot understand why nobody from the FibDems turned up to speak, do they really have such a large "comfort zone" in Kernow that they don't have to bother?

Thanks to the pipers for their effort, but i don't blame them for wearing dark glasses. Wink
Shaz

Network this topic
Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got there about 2:15ish the march was given as starting at 2:30, walked round the corner to the square and expected to see a big crowd of people, and there was about fifty at most, Shocked quite a few people we know and the pipers, was a bit worried, but spoke to one of the Stannators who said "its Camborne," in other words, they'll get here dreckley

Sure enough more and more people turned up, then someone else said it was advertised in the West Briton as 3pm start, but a good crowd in the end, at least 400 might have been more, and people from different area's not just Camborne

As the mayor said "its only the begining!

The conservative bloke George, spoke to me, asked what we were doing with the photos, he was alright as a person, not sure what he is doing though in a Tory sence, he is well out of his depth in Camborne.

Afraid that we had to cut the Ukip man out of the video, someone had to go, Frenchie published it for youtube, then realised it was 12 minutes long and you're only allowed ten on youtube. Ukip man reminded me of a double glazing sales man

Julia Goldworthy went to her sisters wedding, (she Tweeted it ) the mayor asked if any one else would like to speak on behalf of the Lib Dems and nothing happpend. No representative present.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: