TINE Forums
 SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
start blogging your Cornwall now...
Welcome to TINE Cornwall. Discussing the future of Cornwall. Forum Index - View unanswered posts
Local fury after police arms swoop on The Lizard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussing the future of Cornwall. Forum Index -> Police
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morvoren

Network this topic
Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Local fury after police arms swoop on The Lizard Reply with quote

Quote:
Well we all know what happened when our innocent Cornish friends were harassed by armed police in 2007, we we're told at the time that armed officers had to be used because there was apparently a gun involved.

So why when four riot vans, squad cars, a dog handler and in excess of 30 police officers in full riot gear turn up near my home to raid someone who had allegedly been brandishing firearms did the police have No guns themselves!!

What is going wrong FFS! two neighbours have a dispute, I know the people involved, they have guns like a lot of people in rural Cornwall, they shoot rabbits, rats and clay pigeons, the lads are very respectful and not at all arrogant, it would seem from all counts so far (haven't spoken to those involved yet) that the person reporting the alleged crime was tying to go one up on his neighbour. Seems like the police shipped in from over the border were just out to have a bit of fun for themselves. One woman said she wondered what was going on because she came pass Culdrose and they were all lined up ready for action, They bloody love it don't they!!

All it needed was a couple of them to go round and question the people, but why do that when you can have far more fun with a full on raid and WASTE LOTS OF TAX PAYERS MONEY.

Now I have my own axe to grind with them, the first we knew of it my other half drove through the small gap they had left to the entrance of the road he needed to go down to get to our place. Its gravel and as he pulled away the wheels on the car spun. One of the police officers told him not to wheel spin, he said that he hadn't done it on purpose and besides it is a private road. He was instantly brandished a liar by the officer, so he being he (and this is why I haven't put in a complaint myself) wheel spun away on purpose.

First I knew three officers were round my car and one in particular was very angry, I asked what was going on and he said I'm not talking to you - charming man - to which I replied "your not Cornish are you" we don't talk to people like that down here this IS Cornwall you know.

He then pointed to a small hole in the back of the light of my car "I'll do you for that he said" we explained that the car had only just passed an MOT with said small hole, at which point he say "I'll give you a producer then" he went over the car to try and find anything he could but to no avail, I had the feeling that if I'd not have been there he might just have made that little hole bigger just to get his own back on other half for the wheel spin on private land. Quite scary really Sad

You can read about it here

taken from C24 here
Scottish Republican

Network this topic
Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People need to wake up to what is happening in the UK - so called "anti- terror" laws, meant to protect us against supposed Al Qaeda agents, are in fact a means to strip us of our human rights, and introduce every more draconian surveillance.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: