TINE Forums
 SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
start blogging your Cornwall now...
Welcome to TINE Cornwall. Discussing the future of Cornwall. Forum Index - View unanswered posts
Dewnansek...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussing the future of Cornwall. Forum Index -> Learn Cornish
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scottish Republican

Network this topic
Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Dewnansek... Reply with quote

I have been on this forum for a while, and try to take a non-hostile attitude, but I think Cornish folk might see it differently to me. I just hope there is more to this than anti-Cornishness.

It's certainly not impossible. Celtic languages were being spoken in north west England and the Welsh marches in the Middle Ages.

Remember don't bite my head off - I'm only the messenger!

An Ger Dewnansek - very basic stuff
http://members.fortunecity.com/gerdewnansek/

DEWNANS - CELTIC DEVON
http://www.users.senet.com.au/~dewnans/

Devon's Celtic Language
http://groups.msn.com/DevonsCelticLanguage/

Off topic, but possibly of interest
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/devolvedevoncampaign/messages
Fulup le Breton

Network this topic
Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing new, just a bunch of pseudo celts known as the Devonshire five who distort history in order to fabricate a celtic Devon identity.

Its funny but these people spend most of their time attacking Cornish nationalists, selling recently invented flags and promoting a Devonwall region.

Not to be trusted. In fact I would go so far as to ask for this thread to be removed, these back stabbers don't deserve the space.
Scottish Republican

Network this topic
Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have asked them repeatedly for evidence of a Cornish language east of the Tamar in the Middle Ages. They mention a quote from Tristram Risdon, and there's a claim in wikipedia about old graffiti as well.

If they stop being anti-Cornish though, campaigning for Devonian devolution may undermine the Devonwall/South West idea, and it would be no bad thing I suppose if Devonians bought Cornish language products. However, I think most of them live overseas, and not in Devon, let alone England.
Mike

Network this topic
Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under different guises, several have been and continue to be extremely anti-Cornish.

There has been considerable over-optimism claiming Celtic nomenclature for place names and language. It is virtually impossible for them to make a post about Devon, without some reference to Cornwall; as the msn site shows. Life must be frustrating for them.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: